It’s a mysterious little holiday, isn’t it? One filled with romance, and love, and surprises. But, we bet there are lots of things you didn’t know about Valentine’s Day. Did you know:
1. About 3% of pet owners give Valentine’s Day gifts to their pets
2. Hallmark has nearly 1400 different cards—just for Valentine’s Day.
3. Most women say they’d rather receive chocolate than flowers on Valentine’s Day.
4. Teachers receive the most Valentine’s Day cards, followed by children, then mothers.
5. The first Valentine’s Day candy box
was invented by Richard Cadbury in the 1800s.
6. More than 36 million boxes of chocolate are sold each Valentine’s Day.
7. More than 110 million roses are sold each Valentine’s Day—with most of them being red.
8. 15% of women send themselves flowers
on Valentine’s Day.
9. The town where Romeo and Juliet were said to live receives more than 1000 letters addressed to Juliet each Valentine’s Day.
10. During the Victorian age, it was bad luck to send a Valentine’s Day card
Trust the merchants at PointShop Mall
to help you find that unique gift that tells your Valentine how much they mean to you. Or—don’t have a sweetheart this year? Spoil yourself with something you’ll love!
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015